Mayobridge Catholic Church-
on the main road between Warrenpoint and
A chapel was built here in 1806, on the site of a former Mass
Rock, at a cost of £1,000 which was defrayed by subscriptions.
It was described in 1836 as a stone, roughcast, whitewashed building
in the shape of a T, capable of holding 1000 people with an average
attendance of 1,400. It was rebuilt in 1868 by Father John Brennan
and dedicated by Dr Leahy on 12 Oct 1862.
See under St Peters Warrenpoint for a list of parish priests.
List of resident curates; Rev. Hugh Mooney 1859-76; Rev.
Matthew Lynch 1876-81; Rev. Edward MacCartan 1881-89; Rev. William
Kearns 1889-95; Rev. Andrew Lowry 1895- 1903; Rev. John Savage
1903-7; Rev. John Carr 1907-25;Rev. Michael O'Hare 1925-33; Rev.
Patrick McCartan 1933-41; Rev. Michael McCartan 1941-52; Rev.
John Brannigan 1952-54; Rev. Emmett Devlin 1955-59; Rev. James
McCartan 1959-66; Rev. Christopher Murray 1966-67; Rev. Lughlin
McAleavey 1967-82; Rev. Thomas McConville 1982-84
PRONI, NLI & LDS have baptisms 1826-1869, marriages 1826-1882;(LDS
Film #926077 item 1 & 2) UHF has baptisms & marriages
1826-1900; burial records didn't start until 1920